Nourish Your "Yin" Homemade Jello Recipe
Cailey Halloran, L.Ac., Dipl.O.M.
Grass Fed Beef Gelatin Recipe
I use Great Lakes Beef Gelatin for this recipe which can be found at Vitamin Cottage and online:
Ingredients: 1½ cups of organic or freshly juiced fruit juice of choice ¼ cup cool water ¼ cup hot (near boiling) water 1 tablespoon of Beef Gelatin 1-2 cups of sliced fruit or fruits of your choice *can double recipe*
1. Pour the cool water in a mixing bowl and add the gelatin
2. Stir briskly until mixed- it will thicken up
3. Add the ¼ cup of hot water and stir to mix
4. Add juice and mix well
5. Place fruit into the container that you are going to make the jello in- an 8x8 baking dish or similar vessel will do
6. Pour the jello mixture over the fruit and stir lightly to coat
7. Refrigerate covered for at least 2-3 hours or overnight
8. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Wellness Mama